Home * Contact Us * The Authors * Standing @ My Locker... * During "Home School 101"... * Dorm Room Discussions * Worshiping With Your Life~Music and More * On The Playing Field * Youth Group Rocks! * The Roman Road * Here Am I, Send Me * Eve's Peeps * Adam's Dudes * Need Prayer? * How REAL Are Your Relationships? * Devotions

Thursday, March 4, 2010

During "Home School 101" - What Does God Want Me To Do?


What Does God Want Me To Do?


I have thought a lot on what God wants me to do. One opportunity that home schoolers have that public school teens may not have is a chance to discover their talent. In public school, you don't get as many opportunities to really find out what the talents you have are. Home schooling allows you to study  that talent as part of your curriculum. I like to write stories, bake, and draw. I don't know if these talents are what God wants me to use. It may be none of them. Many of the studies I've done have me doing things I don't like or have interest in doing, but it's an experience to try them. But I know that the Bible says to do all things for God.

Colossians 3:23 " And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men." (KJV)

I keep praying that God will guide me down His path, and that I won't go my own way. 

Psalm 32:8 " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

Psalm 25:12 " Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose."

Psalm 37:4,7 "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him."


I encourage you, whether home schooled or in public school, to pray that God will guide you and point you in the direction He wants you to go.


Shelby ;D

1 comments:

Hannah said...

I loved this :)
One thing that I've learned that was really incredible to me was how in Psalm 37:4 when it says "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.." That doesn't mean He's necessarily going to give you what you want. But He's going to make you want what He wants for you. I loved that realization! He loves us enough to not stick us with the good that we want, when He knows the best! :)
Good stuff, Shelby!

Post a Comment