Home * Contact Us * The Authors * Standing @ My Locker... * During "Home School 101"... * Dorm Room Discussions * Worshiping With Your Life~Music and More * On The Playing Field * Youth Group Rocks! * The Roman Road * Here Am I, Send Me * Eve's Peeps * Adam's Dudes * Need Prayer? * How REAL Are Your Relationships? * Devotions

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

During "Home School 101"..."NEW School Prayer"




A kid From a school in Arizona wrote this:

NEW School prayer:

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair cam be pink, purple, orange, or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.

We can get our supply of birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires, and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school is a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen.


Now after you read that it really makes you think.
We as Homeschoolers might have problems we think are very big but nothing like this.
Even if our parents are not saved we are still able to pray in our houses.
I went to legislative day today in Albany and they were they did these skits about things teens go through at public school. One kid got sent to the principals office about wearing a shirt that had a Bible verse on it. Kids wear shirts with Rock bands like AC~DC and Metalica on it but they don't. Now don't get me wrong we all have freedom and they can wear AC~DC shirts if they please but if they can wear the shirts they please shouldn't Christians be able to wear the shirts they please?
Christianity and the Bible are really getting attacked this day and age they wouldn't display a kindergartners picture because it had Jesus praying for the world on it. I know right now your probably saying well what does this have to do with me I'm a homeschooler these things don't affect me. Well it might not affect you but it does affect people you love cause admit we all have somebody we love that goes to public school. So my Challenge to you is to really think about these facts I just typed out and not only to think about them but to really pray for everybody you know that's goes to public school. Pray that they will not be singled out for their faith and if they do get singled out that they will be able to be an amazing witness for the Lord.
Krystl <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment