Home * Contact Us * The Authors * Standing @ My Locker... * During "Home School 101"... * Dorm Room Discussions * Worshiping With Your Life~Music and More * On The Playing Field * Youth Group Rocks! * The Roman Road * Here Am I, Send Me * Eve's Peeps * Adam's Dudes * Need Prayer? * How REAL Are Your Relationships? * Devotions

Friday, March 26, 2010

Relationships with the world.



So tonight my youth pastor was talking about separation and about how we as Christians should separate ourselves from the world. I know from experience that this is something that teens really have problems with. We want to be like the world we want to be normal and fit in. But is that we want I mean if you really think about it is that really what you want? I know when I think about it I would rather be anything but. The Lord says that our righteousness are as filthy rags. If that is what are righteousness looks like do you even want to see what the world looks like? I know I don't. Sometimes we get tempted and sometimes we fall but we have to get back up. Ok so I have a story for you now theres this guys hmmm lets name him Carl. Now Carl is Saved he's just been kinda busy he’s been spending all his time with his new friend Bob. Carl found out that Bob wasn’t saved and Carl said hey maybe I could hang out with him get to know him and then invite him to church. Sounds like a good plan right? Well Bob has this tendency to not shower all the time. Since Carl had been hanging out with him Carl decided that not showering would be the cool thing to do and so he decided he wasn’t going to shower. More and more that he hung out with Bob and his friends he started to act like Bob and his friends. Bob wasn’t necessarily a bad guy he just didn’t know the difference between biblical and unbiblical. Carl started to let his testimony fall apart . So Carl slowly more and more fell out of his Biblical habits and fell into unbiblical habits.
Everybody knew Bob rubbed off on Carl for goodness sakes Carl hadn’t taken a shower in a month. Every time somebody said why don’t you take a shower he said well Bob hasn’t taken one in a year! Soon enough Carl even found himself not going to church. He had forgotten the whole reason he wanted to be friends with Bob. Needless to say Carl was not in a very good spot. Where is this spot you might ask? The world.
Now you might say why are you telling me a story about two guys not showering and your probably saying what are your talking about of course Carls in the world well duh we all live in the world. I'm telling you this story so you can think about it when a Christian tries to influence a bunch of other Non-Christians hes gets sucked in faster then he can blink. One rotten apple ruins the whole barrel, and yes we all live in the world but I'm talking about the world spiritually. The world spiritually is all the wrong things the sins and the unbelievers and all the nasty things they do that we aren’t supposed to do. Now as I was saying earlier before the story as Christians we are to separate ourselves. Because the world and the unbelievers are technically just people that haven't taken showers. How do they take that shower? By getting right with Jesus. Carl hadn’t taken a shower in a month physically and spiritually. When you don’t take a shower people don’t want to be around you and they have to remind you to take a shower. That’s exactly how it is with our walk with Jesus when we haven't taken a shower in a while people need to remind us hey your starting to smell have you taken a shower lately? I know this sounds funny but when you really think about it, it’s the truth. So I ask you again do you want to be normal do you want to be like the world and not take a shower and smell? Or do you want to serve Jesus and be clean?

----- Psalms 51:10-13
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

Krystl <3

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was awesome! Pastor Joe should get messages from you! Awesome Krystl! ;D

Post a Comment