Home * Contact Us * The Authors * Standing @ My Locker... * During "Home School 101"... * Dorm Room Discussions * Worshiping With Your Life~Music and More * On The Playing Field * Youth Group Rocks! * The Roman Road * Here Am I, Send Me * Eve's Peeps * Adam's Dudes * Need Prayer? * How REAL Are Your Relationships? * Devotions

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Art Carpio and his family



A few moths ago a missionary came to my church and his name was Art Carpio. He wasn't able to bring his family with him so I wasn't able to meet them but I did get to meet him. He preached during Sunday school and the way he was standing I realized he was missing one of his ears. I was kinda wondering through out Sunday school what had happened. Then at the end of Sunday school he said "you probably have noticed that I'm missing an ear and I'll share with you what happened." Then he went on to tell this story: My family and I were driving in a car going to a friends house because I had to do business with them and out there cars aren't very good and they don't stay well. So when I got there i put bricks under my tires and left my family in the car while I went and talked to my friend. When I came out I saw my car rolling. I jumped in front of the car and tried to stop it but since I am only a man I went under the car and the licence plate sliced my ear. Then I saw my car hanging half way over a cliff with my wife and children in it. My wife managed to get the kids out and get her self out and they were safe. Oh what a happy moment it was but I still had to go to the hospital. Everyday for a month the doctors had to clean the pure bone of my face with a cloth. It was so hard to go through but I knew I had to hold on to God. I prayed and he helped me get through it luckily the doctors were able to sow up my face and now I am able to be here to preach to you guys. Please pray that I will be able to keep preaching to people.
Now this man came to my church a couple months ago and I remember that story as it was yesterday. It was so, so hard to sit there and listen to that to think this man could go through that and still praise God for everything he does and will continue to do. Sometimes we are so ungrateful and I know I say this a lot but its so true. I don't know how people can sit there and not understand how great our God is! So please pray for this man and his family. His name is Art Carpio his wife's name is Mely his two daughters names are Faith and Giadys and his sons name is Danrey so mplease pray for them and pray that God will use them around the world as he has used them to make a difference in my life.

Krystl <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment